Re: informix market share

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 16:25:32 -0800

rkusenet wrote:

> Mark,
> To get the context of 5.8%, please read my earlier
> reponse here
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.informix/browse_frm/thread/23efaf53d18c215b/e5fa01410ec60ad1#e5fa01410ec60ad1
>
> SQL Server's share is around 19% overall, but an awesome 60%
> in Windows. So to get the right prespective, I think one should
> mention that.

I did read it, I was in fact pointing out that I think your selection of market size is flawed. I don't see how you can exclude Windows, its the largest market for all of the vendors, including Informix (I presume); and to provide comparable numbers to the other vendor's reported numbers in the article you posted, you need to take the whole market. Received on Sun Nov 27 2005 - 18:25:32 CST