Re: informix market share

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 13:55:49 -0800

Madison Pruet wrote:
> "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message
>

>>xiaoxin wrote:
>>
>>>The list price of IDS is about 20% more than oracle EE. No one is
>>>more expensive than oracle, when it comes to database.
>>
>>But wouldn't a more accurate comparison of IDS to Oracle be with
>>Oracle's Standard Edition?

> Not really. IDS has both HDR and Enterprise Replication as a base part of
> the product. Last time I checked, the Oracle equivalent of IDS/ER would be
> streams replication, not Oracle standard replication. And the last time I
> checked Standard Edition didn't include Streams Replication.

But there is a lot more to Oracle EE than just Steams. My question was ... 'did anyone do an actual feature comparison to see which was the most appropriate?'. I see little that would convince me IDS is not a closer match to Oracle's Standard Edition.

Does anyone have a feature-by-feature comparison that would indicate otherwise?

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org