Re: Oracle Selects Sun As Reference Platform ... again

From: Michael42 <melliott42_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Nov 2005 12:56:34 -0800

I love LINUX but installing Oracle on Sun is MUCH easier than on the moving target of LINUX. In the past 5 years I have had to support:

Sun: Solaris 8 and soon 10 (both Fortune 500 companies I worked for skipped 9).

LINUX: Redhat 7.2, Redhat 7.3, Redhat 8, Redhat 9, Redhat Enterprise 3 and Fedora. All of these platforms had a slue of specialized support tasks that were terribly documented. As an Oracle DBA if you dont KNOW LINUX as a system admin you are up a tree.

Just my 2-cents :-)

Michael42 Received on Sun Nov 27 2005 - 14:56:34 CST