Re: informix market share

From: rkusenet <rkusenet_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 12:53:38 -0500

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message news:1133072999.816373_at_yasure...
> rkusenet wrote:
>
>> Add to it, IDS runs on 20 out of 25 top grocery chains in North America,
>> and about 80% of all retail shops like Wal-Mart, Sears etc.
>
> And how many of those 20 grocery chains and 80% of retail shops are
> also running SQL Server and Oracle?

They must be using SS and O, most likely for their packaged applications. Most of the best-of-the-breed packages support SS and O and the customer is forced to buy them even if they are not a shop of these databases.

I know for sure that retail shops like Walmar, Kmart,Sears,Homedepot run their stores applications on Informix. In grocery, Publix, PriceChopper, Krogers run it on Informix. Safeway use to run and they migrated to SS in 2003.