Re: informix market share

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 22:24:46 -0800

xiaoxin wrote:
> The list price of IDS is about 20% more than oracle EE. No one is
> more expensive than oracle, when it comes to database.

While that may have been true in the past. And is certainly a common myth today. It is not reality today as you found out.

The truth, as I understand it, is that Oracle salespeople have been told to NEVER lose a deal based on price. If a buyer pays more for Oracle then the fault is entirely theirs.

But wouldn't a more accurate comparison of IDS to Oracle be with Oracle's Standard Edition?

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org