Re: informix market share

From: Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 20:04:48 -0500

Mark Townsend wrote:
> Serge Rielau wrote:
>

>> When did you last choose your car by the battery?

> I chose _my_ car by the engine. My wife liked the nice red one with the
> captain seats and cup holders.

Ah yes, the advantage of being CTO in a privately owned and operated business.

Either way. When you bought that car, did you check the manufacturer of the engine? Is it Martha Stuart red? Did you take the car for a test drive and smiled (let's call that performance). Did it say 0-100km/h in 5 seconds (service level agreement)..
Or did you buy it because it had 16 valves, VTec, and humpty dumpty, all written on the trunk so everyone sees how cool you are? (I doubt you're that type.. just making my point)

Bob, you apparently get different "Duracell" commercials than we do in Canada. ;-)
Do you believe a phone manufacturer cares for the battery they use? I bet they do.
Do you know who produced your phone's battery? I bet you don't. :-)

Because when your phone needs a recharge twice a day you swear at the phone company. You won't call the battery manufacturer.. because you bought a solution.

Cheers
Serge

--
Serge Rielau