Re: Oracle Selects Sun As Reference Platform ... again

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 19:53:36 GMT

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 13:58:23 -0800, Noons wrote:

> Having said that, quite frankly the Linux story with 2.6
> kernel and 64-bit is nothing short of a joke...

Kernel 2.6 is extremely bad. Linus decided to do AI and "self-regulating" kernel and took all the control from system administrator. When pressure became high, he introduced that lousy "swappiness". It seems to me that his ideal is Windows, not Unix. If Oracle decides to support Solaris/x86 properly, I'll be out of Linux in no time.

--
http://www.mgogala.com