Re: DB2 HADB

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 10:33:39 -0800

Mark A wrote:
> "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message
>

>>What a pile of steaming nonsense.
>>
>>From what dung pile did you get this?
>>
>>ROFL.
>>--
>>Daniel A. Morgan

> I think you may be misinterpreting my comments. IOT's tables are more
> frequently used when the table does not have significant insert activity
> (read-only or near read-only) and less commonly used for tables with
> frequent inserts, because of the overhead involved in maintaining the index
> order.

I'm not misinterpreting your comment. I'm stating it is pure unadulterated nonsense: That it is untrue.

> Perhaps you misread my statement and thought that I said that most
> read-only tables were created as IOT.

I did not. I understood your statement as you intended it and it is NOT true.

> I know that is not true, since the
> percentage of IOT's used by Oracle DBA's is quite small, even if 42% of all
> Oracle DBA's have used it at least once.

And how you know this? Be specific.

> Or maybe you did not misinterpret my statements, and you are being the usual
> jerk that you are.

If calling you on your fabrication is being a jerk I plead guilty.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org