Re: oracle benchmark

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 16:16:06 GMT

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 14:30:14 +0100, Frank van Bortel wrote:

> HansF wrote:

>> On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 16:21:05 -0800, blarut wrote:
>>
>> All you have to do is find the conversion between milliBleem and
>> microsecond.  Unfortunately, that conversion is variable and is entirely
>> dependent on the statement, the database size, the optimizer, the

> Now, you can say that, but I distinctly remember my old friend Albert
> to mention something about the relativity of all that.
> Imagine a parallel universe, and look at a Bleem from the side,
> whilst someone else looks at you and the Bleem from the other
> side.
> The bottom line is, your statement may *seems* to take longer
> (and thus making the conversion factor a variable), than mine,
> whereas in reality (ok, *what* reality?!?) both statements
> take exactly the same amount of R, making Bleem a constant.
> All you need to find is the (correct) parallel universe.

Exagactly my point - all you need is the simple pan-dimensional spatio-temporal tensor function defined and you can perform the transformation between these realities. As my math prof used to say, the student can prove for himself the intuitive connection between the two points. (To the OP, near as I can gather, it's a 9x9 tensor using the dependencies mentioned in the previous reply.)

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com