Re: DB2 HADB

From: Mark A <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 00:02:16 -0700

"Serge Rielau" <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com> wrote in message news:3uqf10F12k792U1_at_individual.net...
> Stored procs and UDF:
> Since HADR runs of the logs anything logged is by defalt working.
> That includes SQL UDF, and SQL Proceduer changes.
> DB2 for LUW today does not store the libraries of EXTERNAL routines (C,
> CLR, Java, ..) in its catalogues (i.e. not logged...). That's what all
> this is about.
>
> Further. To make HADR fool proof it is recommended to:
> * log index rebuilts, and
> * use LOAD COPY.
> * take care when changing the implementation of a Java or C proc.
>

> LOBs in DB2 of 2GB size cannot be logged because DB2, ages ago, had a 2GB
> log limit. A historical restriction noone apparently ever cared to remove.
>
> Cheers
> Serge
> --
> Serge Rielau
> DB2 SQL Compiler Development
> IBM Toronto Lab

Serge, If I create a SP using C, and backup up the database, and restore it as the standby database, is there a problem with the SP? I still don't understand the issue of "libraries". I am using XML extender that comes with some C SP's on an HADR system and need to be sure there is no problem getting it to work on the standby (if it becomes the primary). Received on Sat Nov 26 2005 - 01:02:16 CST