Re: DB2 HADB

From: Mark A <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 23:26:04 -0700

"Mark Townsend" <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:7f2dnZV_Ppp1YBreRVn-vw_at_comcast.com...

> This is exactly my point. You are not familiar with Oracle's table
> clustering. Yet you make a claim that Oracle's does not have it. Oracle
> has it - for single tables, for multiple tables, and also extends the
> basic key clustering with hash clustering.

On the contrary, I don't think you understand DB2 clustering. DB2 clustering does not work the same as Oracle clustering, and in that sense they do not have the same function. Just because they both use the term "clustering" does not mean they are the same thing.

The closest thing to DB2 table clustering is Oracle IOT's.

My claim is that Oracle IOT's (or other clustering concepts that claim are the same) do note need frequent reorgs like DB2 tables need to be reorged. Received on Sat Nov 26 2005 - 00:26:04 CST