Re: DB2 HADB

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 21:29:04 -0800

Mark A wrote:
> "Mark Townsend" <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net> wrote in message
>

>>Mark A wrote:
>>
>>>I answered the question accurately.
>>
>>You answered the question, but also introduced a spurious, uncalled for,
>>and inaccurate product comparison. That is what is being reacted to.

> Inaccurate? How so?

Your initial statement was
"The main reason is that DB2 has table clustering, which Oracle does not have unless you use an index ordered table"

You later modified your statement to
"Oracle does not have table clustering in the same manner as DB2 unless you create an index ordered table"

You now agree (I think) that table clustering and IOT's are in fact different technologies and you now say on table clustering that "Oracle does not do clustering of tables like DB2 does it, and I think there are some advantages to the way DB2 does clustering".

So the inaccuracy was..
1) Index organized tables and table clustering are completely different concepts, designed to solve different problems, and should not really be compared to each other.
2) Oracle does indeed have (a form of) table clustering, that does not rely on index organized tables at all. Received on Fri Nov 25 2005 - 23:29:04 CST