Re: DB2 HADB

From: Mark A <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 18:50:46 -0700

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message news:1132967708.340024_at_yasure...

> What a pile of steaming nonsense.
>
> From what dung pile did you get this?
>
> ROFL.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan

I think you may be misinterpreting my comments. IOT's tables are more frequently used when the table does not have significant insert activity (read-only or near read-only) and less commonly used for tables with frequent inserts, because of the overhead involved in maintaining the index order.

Perhaps you misread my statement and thought that I said that most read-only tables were created as IOT. I know that is not true, since the percentage of IOT's used by Oracle DBA's is quite small, even if 42% of all Oracle DBA's have used it at least once.

Or maybe you did not misinterpret my statements, and you are being the usual jerk that you are. Received on Fri Nov 25 2005 - 19:50:46 CST