Re: DB2 HADB

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 17:12:07 -0800

Mark A wrote:
> "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message
>

>>Wrong again! Thanks for the encore.
>>--
>>Daniel A. Morgan

> Maybe you can explain why IOT's are not often used in Oracle, while table
> clustering is quite common for DB2 tables (at least for knowledgeable DB2
> DBA's).

I'd be really happy to explain it to you if it were true: It is not.

IOTs are very commonly used in Oracle installations and Tom Kyte, in his presentations has been featuring them and their value as a way of enhancing performance over heap tables for many purposes.

And quite a few organizations I work with use IOTs with partitioning but then you wouldn't know about that as DB2 doesn't have partitioning capabilities.

Listening to someone who is an IBM DB2 user pontificate about the usage of a product he doesn't know would be laughable were it not for the fact that some poor soul might actually believe your trolling.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org