Re: DB2 HADB

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 16:17:12 -0800

Mark A wrote:

> Maybe you can explain why IOT's are not often used in Oracle, while table
> clustering is quite common for DB2 tables (at least for knowledgeable DB2
> DBA's).

Maybe because they are different things, and solve different problems ?

Quite a lot of people use IOTs with Oracle. The last time we asked the specific question about IOT usage in our annual usage survey was in 2002, but at that time, 42% of respondents said that they used IOTs.

I don't think we have every asked about usage of table clustering.

The question is a little moot however, as you are basically asking why some people eat oranges, and others eat apples. Of course, with Oracle, you can eat whatever you want whenever you want. Received on Fri Nov 25 2005 - 18:17:12 CST