Commit after transacton is completed

From: Pradeep <agarwalp_at_eeism.com>
Date: 25 Nov 2005 00:23:28 -0800

Expert-one-on-one mentions that we should commit only after the transaction completes, otherwise it takes more time and generates more redo. I agree to it. But suppose if my transaction takes a few minutes to complete, i will be holding locks for that time and other people will be reading the history data. So isn't this the disadvantage of commiting after transaction??

thanks

Pradeep Received on Fri Nov 25 2005 - 02:23:28 CST