Re: oracle benchmark

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 15:51:10 GMT

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 16:21:05 -0800, blarut wrote:

> I want to check "how fast" the server reply for sql statment. I want to
> check how many memory is in use in defined time.
> I want to use oracle 9i and Windows XP.

Don't need to benchmark - the answer is, of course, Oracle will run and respond to any SQL statement on any hardware in 47.683 milliBleems

All you have to do is find the conversion between milliBleem and microsecond. Unfortunately, that conversion is variable and is entirely dependent on the statement, the database size, the optimizer, the hardware, the memory, the disk subsystem, the statistics (if using the right optimizer), the design set, the appropriate use of (and kinds of) indexes, and your tuning skill to manage all of the aforementioned items - amongst other variables.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com