Re: Slow inserts with Oracle 10g

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 23:29:53 +0100

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 22:37:46 +0100, Clemenza <clemenza_at_gmx.de> wrote:

>you are right, but I tought maybe tere are some special trick with
>Oracle 10.
>
>So the more concrete situation:
>The HW is the same of course. It means a SUN server with 16GB RAM and
>2x1.1GHz UlraSparc CPU and 145GB SCSI HDD.
>
>The old Oracle was 8.1.7.4 and the new one is 10.1.0.2
>As the server is quite big, and our test is not a stress test besides
>this we can't mix Solaris 8 with Oracle 10 too easy (because some other
>parts of the system which are not affected in the test).
>The tables have only 4-8 number and varchar fields. So I think 16GB RAM
> should be enough to insert ~10-20MB of data.
>
>That's it.
>Clem

Everything you have been posting so far now all qualify as Meaningless Indicators of Performance of the System. Post traces, or statspack reports. This is a volunteer business and we didn't install a webcam at your location, and we also shouldn't be kept busy with meaningless assertions like '16 Gb RAM should be enough to insert ~10-20Mb of data.' 20 Mb of what? 20 M records of 20Mb or what????

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA