Re: OO4O handle leak

From: <njbrad_at_verizon.net>
Date: 22 Nov 2005 12:50:18 -0800

Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> On 18 Nov 2005 09:40:17 -0800, njbrad_at_verizon.net wrote:
>
> >Objects for Ole Version: 9.2.0.4
> >
> >Any suggestions?
> >Brad
>

> What is your pressing business need you can't use the dbms_job
> mechanism for 7 x 24? You aren't stating you have a standalone client
> PC hitting the database 7 x 24, do you? That would be likely very
> inefficient.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

First to reply to your questions:
I have a process that sits on a seperate server that formats and delivers reports on a scheduled basis. The schedules are stored in data tables. The program queries the database every minute to look for more work to do.

Second, what I've discovered:
Each time a connection is opened in OO4O the connection information is read from TNSNAMES.ora. If I fill in the complete information (as found in TNSNAMES.ora) instead of a connection name, the extra handles are not created.

It might be a bug in OO4O or in TNS, but for now I have somewhat of a work-around.

Brad Received on Tue Nov 22 2005 - 14:50:18 CST