Re: mod_plsql x apache x websphere

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 20:37:48 +0100

mRangel wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> First of all, allow me to say that browsing through this forum is a
> great learning experience, thank you all. Now to the question: :-)
>
> We have some PSP pages within our application, which we run using OAS
> in some places and using the apache that comes with Oracle DB 9i in
> other places. A new customer has a policy that says that their
> application server has to be IBM's websphere. Does anybody knows if:
>
> 1. Is it possible to attach mod_plsql to a standard or non-oracle
> Apache ? If so, what happens in terms of licensing ?
>
> 2. Is websphere based on apache ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Marcus Rangel

Dump that customer...

  1. No - although you mention no versions, I once tried to use the mod_plsql (version 3.0.8, iirc) with a standard Apache, because I was fed up with the holes in the outdated 1.3.12 Oracle supplied... It's a no-go (basically because Apache was compiled with a newer, incompatible, release of a C compiler).

Later versions of mod_plsql have additional functionality, that relies on the changed/added functionality of Apache by Oracle.

So, I would not bet on it to work, ever.

I have seen some open source mod_plsql replacements, though.

2: No - or it would be called Apache by IBM. :)

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...