Re: 9i to 10g migration

From: Dave <Nospam_at_PublicAccessuNIX.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 08:51:17 -0500

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:mrk5o19s5bi8plji54uj37qsqs2a2k5t91_at_4ax.com...
> On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:55:06 -0500, "Dave"
> <Nospam_at_PublicAccessuNIX.com> wrote:
>
> >No. And I am suspecting that is my problem. But I am unsure how to
insert
> >that into the duplicate command, unless I manually create a the set of
> >scripts that duplicate appears to create.
> >

> So you are trying to duplicate and upgrading in one command?

Well my plan was to do a duplicate and then run the upgrade assistant on the copied database. However, I the duplicate appears to issue an alter database open reset logs which the new db chokes on.

> I don't think that this ever has been and will be possible.
> Anyway: there definitely IS version info in the control file, and
> unless you are audacious and edit the controlfile, an alter database
> open resetlogs must choke at the mismatch between software and
> controlfile. Which would bring it automatically into upgrade after a
> normal resetlogs....

OK. I guess then its a cold backup, restore to new db, followed by upgrade assistant. I was hoping to avoid that cold backup and the associated downtime. Received on Tue Nov 22 2005 - 07:51:17 CST