Re: oracle XE when production release?

From: Lukasz Stec <Lukasz.no.spam.Stec_at_remove.ths.zst-softel.pl>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:13:36 +0100

Uzytkownik "HansF" <News.Hans_at_telus.net> napisal w wiadomosci news:pan.2005.11.18.18.13.11.679104_at_telus.net...
> On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:57:26 +0100, Łukasz Stec wrote:
>
>> Does someone have information about when oracle will release
>> stable/production version of Oracle XE
>>
>> under http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/xe/index.html
>> is written that release is scheduled for late 2005 but i have been told
>> that
>> begining of 2006 i more likely date.
>> i wonder if anyone have any closer info.
>> thanks in advance
>
> Current target is still before end of year. However, I's really prefer
> Oracle release it after the in stall is stable, rather than just release
> it for a specific date.
>
> Is your preference to have it available on a specific date even if it
> doesn't work right?

No, of course i'm interested in good product, not just a product, but my company buisness plan depends on date of release. So when I heard that there is some delay (maybe rumour but from Oracle representive) i just want to get some info.

Lukasz Stec Received on Tue Nov 22 2005 - 05:13:36 CST