Re: 9i to 10g migration

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:17:18 +0100

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:55:06 -0500, "Dave" <Nospam_at_PublicAccessuNIX.com> wrote:

>No. And I am suspecting that is my problem. But I am unsure how to insert
>that into the duplicate command, unless I manually create a the set of
>scripts that duplicate appears to create.

So you are trying to duplicate and upgrading in one command? I don't think that this ever has been and will be possible. Anyway: there definitely IS version info in the control file, and unless you are audacious and edit the controlfile, an alter database open resetlogs must choke at the mismatch between software and controlfile. Which would bring it automatically into upgrade after a normal resetlogs....

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA