Re: Overcoming objections to Oracle

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 21 Nov 2005 18:26:55 -0800

DA Morgan wrote:
> In the US we have a law, several years old, named Sarbanes-Oxley
> after the two Senators that authored it. It is some times shortened
> to SarbOx and other times to SOx.

Oh, I'm aware of it. I work for a US company, although I'm in Australia. We're as stuck with it here as you folks. And our government apparently wants local companies to follow the same path. Enough Enrons and HIHs (local version).

> But you have me fascinated. How does a bank running SQL Server give
> an accurate account balance to a customer? Or don't they care?

They don't care. And what's worse, they're not FORCED to care: four local ones have the closed market sown up, nice and cosy. Bring on external competition... Received on Mon Nov 21 2005 - 20:26:55 CST