Re: I want to monitor all sql executed

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 18:56:02 GMT

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:58:01 GMT, "IANAL_VISTA" <IANAL_Vista_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Are you real sure about your statement?
>Even SELECT statements?
>I do not think so; unless of course you previously enabled SQL_TRACE at the
>instance level.

OP asked how he can log 'all SQL'.. I advised to set it in init.ora (so yes, at the instance level). OP didn't specify why he needs to collect 'all sql'. When setting sql_trace=true in init.ora all trace files will be on OS side, I am not aware if Enterprise Manager will collect this info.

I forgot to mention that tracing all files will have decent overhead, and should only be done for short periods of time...

OP might want to look into logon triggers (and setting trace on session level), so that he/she wouldn't have to bounce the db to disable.
We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 and 9.2.0.6/7 on Solaris 2.7 and RH4 remove NSPAM to email Received on Mon Nov 21 2005 - 12:56:02 CST