600 Gb migration from Sun to Aix in 8 hrs

From: Kris <krishnaprasadn_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Nov 2005 09:38:15 -0800

We have successfully migrated 600 Gb database for a banking client from SUN to AIX in 7 hrs.we had several pilot runs before the final ball.

we used following parameters during export

db_file_multiblock_read_count=20480
db_file_multiblock_io_count=128

and for import
parallel_max_servers=60
parallel_automatic_tuning=TRUE

AIX box had just 7 cpu's.
export ON the basis of table size run parallely in 7 diff sessions.(3 hrs)
import without indexes (for big tables) in 7 diff session.(4 hrs) index creation for big tables (2 hrs) Received on Mon Nov 21 2005 - 11:38:15 CST