Oracle 64-bit Intel Support

From: <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Nov 2005 02:11:12 -0800

On the 9i and 10g download pages, I have seen references to the following 64-bit Intel architectures:

x64,
64-bit Itanium,
x86-64,
IA64,
Intel EM64T,
AMD64, and
Power

Is it just me or is this totally confusing...!

I have tried searching google for a decent explanation/comparison of each of these architectures but I can' find anything which seems to cover all of them. I havea feeling that some of the above refer to the same chip.

Anyone know the difference between these chip architectures, and which ones are compatible with each other...? Or a link to a website that can help me out...

e.g. on the 9i download page there is no software for Itanium, will the IA64 version work on that chip..?

Thanks

Matt Received on Mon Nov 21 2005 - 04:11:12 CST