Bloody Oracle support!!!

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 20 Nov 2005 22:28:25 -0800

A few months ago we all talked here about how hard it is to get Oracle 9ir2 to work with Linux, direct i/o and aio, right?

And some might remember the comments back then on the rigmarole of patches that needs to be applied to 9i to get it to work with RHAS3 in a reliable fashion for advanced i/o.

Well, so what does Oracle go and do to clean up this situation? They REMOVE all references to the problem from Metaclick, except for Note:225751.1.

Then you follow the instructions there and find out that you need
(and I quote):

For Oracle9i you need to download <> - Abstract: DIRECT IO SUPPORT OVER NFS
(/quote)

Nice. So you go looking for that patch. It ain't there anymore, bucko! 9.2.7. is *supposed* to incorporate it. So if you are unlucky enough to not be running the latest whitest and brightest, you can't install the patch because it is GONE!

For once I wish these IDIOTS would STOP acting like freaking spoiled brats and made ALL patches AVAILABLE: that's what I'm paying them for when I sign a support contract!!!!

effing hopeless bastards!...
<mumble, ibm/db2, mumble,at least all patches are available WHEN I want them!,mumble grumble>

(thank God I saved a copy of the darn freaking patch!)