Re: Reporting Oracle Bugs Question

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 10:46:52 -0800

  1. Fuentes wrote:
    > Hello Fellow Oracle Users,
    >
    > Is there a way to report possible Oracle bugs
    > to Oracle without having an Oracle license?
    >
    > I am testing the free evaluation download
    > products from OTN, and I have been told that
    > in order to open an Oracle tar, I need to have a license.
    >
    > Is this true?
    >
    > OTN says that the products there are free, and
    > come with a "developing" license.
    > I have my OTN id, how can I get the actual
    > "developing" Oracle license number for
    > filing Oracle bugs/tars purposes?
    >
    > Any info will be appreciated.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > A. Fuentes

I can think of one simple way to report bugs to Oracle ... report them here.

Many of us will check to see whether they are actual bugs and Oracle monitors these groups. My experience, so far, is that most "bugs" are in the expectations (lack of reading the docs) of the user and not in Oracle's software.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org