Re: Reporting Oracle Bugs Question

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 18:20:56 GMT

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 06:32:29 +0000, A. Fuentes wrote:

> Hello Fellow Oracle Users,
>
> Is there a way to report possible Oracle bugs
> to Oracle without having an Oracle license?
>
> I am testing the free evaluation download
> products from OTN, and I have been told that
> in order to open an Oracle tar, I need to have a license.
>
> Is this true?

Yes it is true.

However, you can arrange for a free Trial License, duration 30 days, with your Oracle sales representative. The Trial License permits getting a metalink access.

Since the metalink access for the trial license is paid by the sales organization, sales is reluctant to hand out trial licenses without a serious opportunity for sale.

However, an economic alternative - PURCHASE the Personal Edition on a 1-year term and get support for that. Note that support access is 22% of the perpetual license, so a 1 year term would be USD$80 (license) + USD$88 (support) and a perpetual license is USD$400 + USD$88

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com