Strange - missing synonyms after export/import

From: BD <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Nov 2005 11:20:43 -0800

Hi, all.

We're moving from 8i to 10g via an export/import path.

In a test process, we exported all non-system schemas into a single .dmp file. This was a DEV database, so the export file was about 1GB.

We then created all user accounts and roles on the new db, ran a grants script which was exported from the original db, imported the dmp file and re-ran the grants script to catch all the tables and other objects.

The db seems fine, but it appears as if a good whack of the public synonyms are missing. Not all, mind - it appears that I'm missing roughly 10% of the synonyms - the ratio of missing synonyms to total referenced objects is almost the same regardless of whether it's the view synonyms or the table synonyms.

Anyone else ever seen an issue like this?

PLEASE don't tell me I can't move from 8 to 10 directly with an exp/imp process.... ;-) Received on Fri Nov 18 2005 - 13:20:43 CST