OO4O handle leak

From: <njbrad_at_verizon.net>
Date: 18 Nov 2005 09:40:17 -0800

I am using Oracle Objects for Ole in an MFC application. It is supposed to run 7-24 querying the DB for work to do.

When running, I have found that there are handles leaking. I have been able to replicate the problem with the following stripped down code.

OStartup();
ODatabase oDb;

#define CONNECT xxxxxx
#define ID xxxxxx
#define PWD xxxxxx

while(1)
{

        oDb.Open(CONNECT, ID, PWD);

        oDb.Close();

        Sleep(5000);
}

OShutdown();

return;

It seems that the Close function does not free 2 handles. This leads to an increase in the number of handes by 2 for each time through the loop.

Objects for Ole Version: 9.2.0.4

Any suggestions?
Brad Received on Fri Nov 18 2005 - 11:40:17 CST