Re: rman/netbackup

From: Ronald Rood <devnull_at_ronr.nl>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:51:50 +0100

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 15:32:00 +0100, nugster wrote (in article <1132324320.639705.241380_at_f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>):

> i want to ry going striaght to tape, i believe we have the necessary
> licenses but it is only really at test at the moment.
>
> it is currently runing, an rman from cron then netbackup takes the os
> files to tape.
>

> i want to try.
> 1.using rman straight to tape via netbackup
> 2. using the netbackup rman templates to go staight to tape.

On what platform and using which versions ? On unix you just replace $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib/libobk.sl with a link to the mediamanager from netbackup. Pick a script that comes with the sample scripts, modify it to fit your pool definition and go.

With kind regards / met vriendelijke groeten, Ronald

http://ciber.nl
http://homepage.mac.com/ik_zelf/oracle Received on Fri Nov 18 2005 - 09:51:50 CST