Re: Bind Variable Substitution In Exec Plan

From: Daniel <danielroy10junk_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Nov 2005 07:06:23 -0800

Modifying optimizer_features_enable is not an option, with Siebel around (they like to force customers into setting Oracle parameters at what they decide, even if usually they have no clue what the parameter is doing). Bind variable peeking is a feature where the optimizer looks at a bind variable value during a hard parse before deciding on the exec plan (it can make a difference if there is a histogram on the bind variable, for example). That therefore should affect this variable substitution that I see in my exec plan. Thanx for the idea anyway.

Daniel Received on Fri Nov 18 2005 - 09:06:23 CST