Freelists and Freelist Groups

From: Emmanuel <mars_at_tacks.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 15:01:42 +0100

Hello everybody,

I'm experiencing "db file sequential/scattered waits" problems on a 8.1.7 database on a Windows server. I'm pretty new to Oracle Administration (and to DB Administration too), however it seems altering the number of "freelists" on specific tables and indexes could help. I've come to understand the use of the "freelists" parameter, but I can't find any further explanation on Freelist groups than "number of groups of freelists".

What's the "freelist groups" parameter used for ? What's the use of grouping freelists anyway ?

Thanks all,

Emmanuel Received on Fri Nov 18 2005 - 08:01:42 CST