Re: SqlPlus headers

From: Paul <paulwragg2323_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Nov 2005 04:02:25 -0800

Thankyou both for your replies.

I have gone for the solution from Peter as I have already done most of the work for this and so long as I can get the formatting correct then this is the preferable solution for me.

I have managed to get VARCHAR2 columns sorted, and NUMBER columns appear to look after themselves. I still have a problem with the date columns though.

I am doing the following select (I have now changed the columns to DATE columns):

SELECT TO_CHAR(COL1, 'DD-MON-YYYY HH24:MI:SS') "A LONG ALIAS THAT CHANGES", COL2, COL3
FROM HEADING_TEST I have already executed the command COLUMN COL1 FORMAT A51

The output from SqlPlus is:

A LONG ALIAS THAT CH COL2 COL3
18-NOV-2005 11:47:47 21-NOV-05 17-NOV-05 Again the alias is truncated. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Paul Received on Fri Nov 18 2005 - 06:02:25 CST