sqlldr increase the oracle process memory usage, why?

From: Cantonese Boy <cantoneseboy_at_netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 23:28:14 +0800

Hi,

        I am using oracle 8.1.7 on windows 2000 and I found that when I using sqlldr to load a 4M datafile to oracle the memory usage shown in the task manager increase, is this normal?

After I loaded 70 such datafile, I found that the memory usage increase from 310M -> 470M. Why?

I am using "APPEND" inside the sqlldr control file.

I've tried to use "REPLACE" instead of "APPEND" in the control file. Then I found the memory usage increase rate had drop down a little bit but still increasing. Is there a way to stop it?

Thanks for any reply,

Wayne Received on Thu Nov 17 2005 - 09:28:14 CST