Re: direct path read/write wait event

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 17 Nov 2005 17:40:49 -0800

lsllcm_at_gmail.com wrote:
> SQL> select * from v$controlfile;
>
> STATUS NAME
> -------
> E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCL\CONTROL01.CTL
> E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCL\CONTROL02.CTL
> E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCL\CONTROL03.CTL
It's a pity you're using Windoze. With Linux I'd suggest using something like "lsof -n" to get a description of all files open by say, dbwriter process. Then you could use the FD column to get a good idea of which fileid it is in Oracle.

Does anyone know of an equivalent of lsof for Windows? There is probably some obscure command variation or monitor option to do the same, but it completely escapes me at the moment. Received on Thu Nov 17 2005 - 19:40:49 CST