Re: Why does optimizer determine wrong cardinality when using MOD function? test included

From: peter <p_msantos_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Nov 2005 10:18:27 -0800

Just thought I'd add that to get around this 1% selectivity for queries that use mod in the predicate, i've set dynamic_sampling=4. I don't know of any other
way to get around this specially since the mod() function can be called with whatever values
our customer wants. Since these types of queries usually take anywhere between 2 -60 minutes having oracle due the dynamic sampling of the blocks is not big hit.

I do have a similar question with how the cardinality is calculated on index fast full scans, but
i'll post that in a new thread with the 10053 information. --thanks again. Received on Thu Nov 17 2005 - 12:18:27 CST