Re: Index Compression

From: <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: 16 Nov 2005 12:03:16 -0800

Charles,

For starters, what version/patchset are you working against? (e.g. 9.2.0.7, 10.1.0.4)

Have you considered the following:

If you are rebuilding indexes you might want to consider going the route of setting the workarea_policy to manual, upping the dbfmbrc and hiking the sort_area_size to a largisfh value to reduce the amount of time spent on such activities. This practice was recently trashed by some posters here ... as it will likely be again.

For some undexplained reason, hiking the dbfmbrc to 128 for an 8 KB block size with a sort area size of 128 MB gets the adreniline/testosterone going for me - probably the same reason that I prefer to run power tools that are wired for 220V instead of 110V.

enough for now.

-bdbafh Received on Wed Nov 16 2005 - 14:03:16 CST