Setting up a respository for OEM

From: Vince Laurent <vincelaurent_at_REMOVETHISsbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 19:31:49 GMT

OK... I finally have a window where I can mess with OEM. I have a server with a bit of free space I would like to install the respository on. My environment is:

HP-UX11i
Oracle 9.2.0.4

I currently have an oracle database on this server so I would like to set up another. Some clarifiction questions for everyone:

Should I have a seperate ORACLE_HOME for this new instance OR would that mess up where the oracle binaries/initSID.ora/(others?) are?

Will the DBCA add to the /etc/oratab vs removing it?

I have created a oracle user account on the HP box for the new database with is not the same as the existing one though both are in the dba group. Is that OK?

Thanks in advance. I have looked through the books at http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/oem92.html but they only reference an exisiting database/respository.

-Vince

Come race with us!
http://www.mgpmrc.org Received on Wed Nov 16 2005 - 13:31:49 CST