Re: 10g RAC: max performance & min cost with miSCSI?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 16 Nov 2005 05:26:33 -0800

#Heikki Siltala wrote:
#> I have started the desing from the IO peformance. I have never seen
an
#> Oracle database environment where CPU is the bottleneck. The
bottleneck
#> seems almost always be on the disk system so starting the design on
disk
#> system seems the right way to go.

While having a good IO subsystem is important, all well developed and well constructed oracle systems should have cpu as the limiting factor.  If you haven't seen systems like that many other people have.

You did not give any details about what the application will look like, how big the database will be, the transaction volume and type, etc.

You want oracle to keep data within the buffer cache and NOT to be constantly reading from disk. Received on Wed Nov 16 2005 - 07:26:33 CST