Re: Why Oracle 10g doesn't work with Windows Server 2003

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 15 Nov 2005 09:29:12 -0800

Comments embedded.
Ghaith wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've installed Oracle 10g successfully on Windows 2000 Server, and on
> Windows XP Pro... with no problems at all...

'10g' covers a lot of territory ... so which release, exactly, did you attempt to install on Windows 2003, on which processor, with what architecture?

> But I couldn't start the database on Windows Server 2003, the
> OracleDBconsole and Oracle...TNSListner refused to start.

You did, of course, receive an error message ... is there any chance you could POST that message to give the rest of us the same information you have?

> Hoping that you've already solved this problem...

And we're hoping you'll come to your senses and post some useful information with which to work. So far all you've provided are vague hints you have a problem and some not so vague complaints about the quality of the responses. When your posts improve, so will the answers.

> Regards

David Fitzjarrell Received on Tue Nov 15 2005 - 11:29:12 CST