Re: Using "whenever oserror" on Windows

From: specs0108 <specs0108.1yjmq0_at_no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 14:38:32 +0100

Seems to be a generic error message. I myself am having a bad experience with "whenever oserror" trapping "file or directory not found" in AIX 5.2 / Oracle 9.2. Testing shows that if I keep my LINESIZE to 1500 or below ( I guess this is the max ?) then I can spool to a file no problem. With size 1501 and above, the error is trapped and because I specify EXIT FAILURE no more is done.

It just doesn't make sense that I get a "file not found" by exceeding some buffer maximum ! :confused:

--
specs0108
specs0108's Profile: http://www.highdots.com/forums/m1448