Database Connection Control

From: <mphchan23_at_gmail.com>
Date: 15 Nov 2005 02:35:58 -0800

Hi All,

I recently encountered the following bug with my Oracle 9.2.0.6 production database.

Bug 1725012 -- ORA-600 [TTCGCSHND-1] CONNECTING FROM 817 CLIENT TO 9I USING THIN DRIVER (JDBC) One of an inactive client, installed with 8i JDBC thin driver, wake up at one time and tried to connect to the production database. Unfortunately, the connection triggered the bug and Oracle just output trace files continuously (2 files per second, 10M each) and the database finally crashed when the file system was full.

I'm wondering if I can control database access from server side, such that - if the client is installed with software with version that are not supported, they are prohitibied from accessing the database.

Any inputs or thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael Received on Tue Nov 15 2005 - 04:35:58 CST