Re: How to find amount of redo generated per a SQL statement?

From: InjacHardy <injac_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Nov 2005 01:38:09 -0800

OK, let have an example: there is a frequent log switching in a database. A session is generating an excessive amount of redo. I can easily find which session it is by looking into v$sesstat and "redo size" statistics.

But, I would like to be able to see for each SQL statement that session is running the amount of redo entries (in bytes) it generates. Even approximate amount would be fine.
For example:
SQL STATEMENT REDO SIZE

UPDATE ACC SET A=3;      8460 bytes
SELECT .A FROM DUAL;        0 bytes
DELETE NOM;            469000 bytes

... etc

Regards,
Tanya Received on Tue Nov 15 2005 - 03:38:09 CST