Re: Oracle 9i 9205 patch problem under XP Sp2

From: DuckFly <neil.booth_at_cgi-dot-com.no-spam.invalid>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 02:11:18 -0600

Get hold of listdlls.exe from the very excellent sysinternals. When OUI pops up the list of processes run listdlls in a DOS window and capture the output. Open the output file and search for the directory you are installing into, you'll probably find oci.dll first. Scroll up a bit to find the PID of the svchost process that has the DLL loaded, open Task Manager and kill the process with that PID.
Hit retry in OUI and the installation should continue as normal. Be warned that the process is likely to restart itself and you may need to run listdlls to kill it again.

It doesn't just happen with SP2. I've just completed an installation on XP SP1 and I got the problem on the 9.0.2.1 installation.

I hope this helps. Received on Tue Nov 15 2005 - 02:11:18 CST