Re: MML, Oracle, and Tape Backup on RedHat ES

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 14 Nov 2005 12:28:33 -0800

Frank this was the question posed by the OP in the 1st post.

Does anyone run Oracle on RedHat and if so, do you backup to tape directly
from RMAN and if so, what backup software and MML do you use?

The OP reformulated the question again

> RMAN needs a media management library to work directly with tape.
> Not all tape backup soluions provide the MML.
> I was wondering which do, oh RHEL 4

No answers that I see that anyone has provided to the original or even to the reformulated question.

I believe Veritas, Legato, and Tivoli products do have this on linux. There maybe others. Received on Mon Nov 14 2005 - 14:28:33 CST