Re: Oracle 10g on Windows

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 14 Nov 2005 09:59:00 -0800

Ummm no sorry Randy you can change the memory allocation as you see fit.

I haven't done 10gr2 on windows but dbca on linux does "default" to 40% setting but you can slide it down if you wish.

You can also set the parameters manually right in the dbca box.

While I don't necessarily disagree with some of your last statements you are reading way too much into this. What's your caffeine level up to today ( just kidding !? ).

Many people do sometimes have multiple instances on the same computer. Your call if you know what you are doing and why ... so if you want to go down that path ... Received on Mon Nov 14 2005 - 11:59:00 CST