Re: BLOB reading is slow

From: kuon <kuon_at_goyman.com>
Date: 14 Nov 2005 03:40:08 -0800

Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> On 13 Nov 2005 22:53:52 -0800, "kuon" <kuon_at_goyman.com> wrote:
>
> >As I wrote before, the network was checked, and no bottleneck was found.
>
> Doesn't necessarily mean there is no problem.
> At the database side, apart from increasing SDU (and making sure the
> SDU is a multiple of the system's MTU) nothing can be done anymore.
> You can safely stop for the silver bullet, it doesn't exist.
> If sqlnet doesn't fragment your packets and the network driver doesn't
> fragment your packets, it is really up to the network guys.

What I still don't understand is what the DB do every 32ko of data to hang like that.

And while reading the first byte is so slow. (about 10 seconds for first byte, instant for next 32ko, then hang again)

I tried a direct connection between server and client computer with no changes.

Regards

Kuon Received on Mon Nov 14 2005 - 05:40:08 CST